Sunday, February 7, 2010

My first weekend here.........

It has been a very interesting few days.  I went to the Masi Market on Friday and it started to pour rain so we ended up in the Masi grandmothers (Bibi) little hut with her and her two grandchildren.  She makes the most beautiful jewellry.  I was wonderful - with a little help in the translation we found out she is in Mwanza for the last year and will be going back to her village in Arusha soon.  What a lovely woman - taking care of her grandkids and working hard.

It has rained a bit on and off.  Tonight two of us took a taxi back from town after having dinner and the taxi driver got a bit lost but eventually we got home.  Everyone is very nice.  Of course you have to be careful and be sensible but I think most people are very kind. 

I spent more time in the Teeny Baby House - my favourite place - feeding bottles, burping babies, giving them "tummy time".  Jana, if you are reading, Freida wants to know when you are coming back........

All is well - another busy week ahead and more adventure I am sure.  Shelley (from Chicago) and I are going to try to organize a safari for the last weekend of Feb.

I will keep in touch.....

This is me in front of the baby home and a "Mama" drumming for the kids.....

No comments:

Post a Comment