Thursday, February 11, 2010

Another day..........

Yesterday and today I started work at 6:30 am when the big and little toddlers wake up.  They "play" and listen to music until 7:30 and then have breakfast.  It is mayhem with highchairs in a row and food everywhere.  Then they are changed and bathed and we go out to the garden to play.  I spent some time in the preschool and showed Rosemary the mama who teaches some of my songboards and matching games I made.  She was thrilled to have new ideas.  There was a staff meeting so the volunteers spent time watching the kids - most of them were sleeping except for the little tiny babies - we were feeding, burping - babies crying - think Jon and Kate plus 11.......

Forever Angels has a teenage program training girls and two boys so they will be able to find a job.  They are from another orphanage called Bethany.  They are so sweet - last night they came over and made dinner for the volunteers.  They were dancing and had so much fun.  I gave the boys CANADA t-shirts and hats.  They were so happy.

Today, I went into town by myself in a taxi to the Talapia Hotel and had a pedicure - it felt so great - you have no idea.  At the baby home, everyone must go barefoot, inside and out so you can imagine the feet.

That is all for now.  Tomorrow my new roomate from the UK arrives - hope she is nice..........

1 comment:

  1. HI Dorothy.

    I love your blogs. It looks warm, whats the temperature?
    Where in the Uk is Catherine from?

    ReplyDelete