Thursday, January 28, 2010

Now my bags are packed............

It has been a very busy week - making sure everything is done at work and that my clients are supported and happy.  The packing has been difficult - I want to take everything that I have collected and been given this year but as of this moment, I have not been pre-approved for over weight baggage so am having to leave some things behind.  I have been trying with the help of my friend Asgarali since November to get the approval.  He got referred to this person and that person - still no decision.  My baggage will be overweight so I am going to have to use my charm to try to get them to allow the weight.  We will see how that goes.  I down sized to a more reasonable sized suitcase - but still  have two pieces - both overweight.

It is emotional as I have never done anything like this before.  But it is something I must do and I will do.  I hope I do it well.  It will be difficult to be away from my family, my pets, my bed, my home and my routine, but it is only eight weeks.  Anyone can do something difficult for eight weeks. 

Thanks again to all who cheered me on, gave me support and encouragement.  Thank you to my wonderful friends and family,  my teammates who are awesome and all those who tolerated my constant talk about this adventure.  I think even my mother now understands.

I leave at 6:20 pm on Friday, Jan. 29th and will spend the weekend in Dar Es Salaam with family members of a friend of mine here.  I appreciate that so much - they will pick me up at the airport, take care of me, take me to the Canadian Embassy to register and then I am off to Mwanza on Tuesday morning.

Wish me luck...................

2 comments:

  1. We are so proud of you!!! Please call or email to let me know that you've arrived safely. Miss you already. XOXOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to say I have the best mother-in-law in the world. I still remember the day you announced wanting to do something like this. Goal set and acheived!! We are so very proud of you. Be safe and have the greatest experience ever! Love Andrew

    ReplyDelete