Monday, January 18, 2010

My bags are almost packed..........

January 18, 2010

The time is coming close and I am so busy packing and attending to last minute details.  I was given two box's of slightly used soccer balls from the Oak Ridges Soccer Club.  Thank you Nicole and Sam.  Can you imagine the joy children will have playing soccer?   The world cup is in South Africa this year so it is very exciting to be taking these balls with me.  Maybe this can be a yearly event for the soccer club - sending off their used soccer balls to kids who don't have anything to play with.  "The gift of play".... Somehow I will fit them in..............Another friend gave me baby booties, another friend blankets, another friend Insta Snow - a product that mixes with water and viola - snow.  It's even cold.............I will be able to show kids what happens in Canada during the winter....I have sent the money off to the orphanage and now have my visa back from Ottawa.  I have organized my house and my work the best I can.  I wake up in the night wondering what I will forget...have lists everywhere and my emotions are very close to the surface.  But I feel great - I never thought I could do something like this.  So many people have been so supportive and encouraging.  For those cynical people out there (you know who you are) - well they have their own journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment