Monday, March 22, 2010

Goodbye Baby Home

For the last few days, I have been quietly saying goodbye and giving lots of hugs and kisses.  I can't say enough about my experience here.  I would love to stay another month but can't - I have a very busy job waiting for me, grown children who really love me, a very sweet and understanding partner, pets and a house that I really missed - not to mention friends and family who support and love me. I have a great life and doubt I will take much for granted again. I will miss everything - the kids especially, but also the people, staff, new friends, Amy, Zoe and their kids.  I loved the morning walks with Zoe - always a different route and great conversations.

I have many wishes for the children.............
"May you always know love,
May you always be treated with dignity and respect,
May you all know your culture and your language,
May you know the love of your biological family, be adopted by a forever family
or live in a loving and caring place,
May this strong foundation of love and caring sustain you always." 

I am grateful to all those who supported me coming here and I hope you enjoyed reading the blog as much as I enjoyed writing it. If anyone does want to contribute further to "Forever Angels", please go on Amy's website to the "Just Giving" link and donate.  Every dollar counts - it costs a great deal of money to feed, house and clothe more than 50 children.  This is such a good cause - Amy also does outreach whenever she can, helping people in the community find places to live, to find jobs - "Forever Angels" is the most caring place I have ever seen. 

I hope to come back in a couple of years...............

Picture - "what kids love best, water, soap and sponges.......................on a hot day".....

No comments:

Post a Comment