Sunday, December 27, 2009

Hi all:
Christmas is over and I have about 4 weeks left before I go. Wonderful things keep happening - my friend Denise donated thermometers for the children, someone else offered soccer balls. I now have $3500.00 raised for the orphanage and am so pleased about that. My draw is Jan. 9th and then I will send the money off. I have much to do in terms of work, making sure all my files are perfect - making sure my home and home life is organized so the pets get fed, house gets cleaned etc. Jaye is going to help me do some packing because suddenly I am feeling very over whelmed. I have the most wonderful two grown-up children anyone could ever hope for and they are my biggest supporters. I was their cheerleader for many years so I guess it is my turn. I love them so very much and feel very blessed that they are not only intelligent and have great careers but most importantly, they have made great choices in choosing partners and are emotionally healthy. They are very NICE people...............it doesn't get better than that. So I am happy to go off and try to make a little tiny difference in some beautiful little lives...........

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy for you! That orphanage is so very blessed to be getting your devoted energy, time and love. Those little children will feel so loved when you arrive on the scene. I'm so excited to read all about it to. I'll be following your every post. So keep on blogging and sharing your story I'm sure you will be inspiring many to follow in your footsteps.

    ReplyDelete